Bridal Dresses Chosen!

Monday 28 October 2013

Last Thursday and Friday we visited a selection of bridal shops. During the fittings my sister (bridesmaid) and Ricky (fiancé) were the voices of opinion, with the ever helpful sale ladies.

We went to Brides Selection first, after taking at least one wrong turn to get there. Here I found out that dresses can be really heavy, and hot for that matter! After trying on many of the beautiful selection of gowns they have, I walked out of the appointment with two possible dresses that I liked from the salon.

Not yet convinced on either of them we proceeded to have a look at their bridesmaid selection before getting some lunch. My sister tried on a couple of dresses and found Courtney by Mr K, which looks absolutely gorgeous on her. After debating the colour choice, being either Regal (sister's choice) or Purple (my choice), we chose purple. Just hoping it looks as beautiful on her as the Cosmos did.
Courtney by Mr K

After some lunch we headed over to Dion for Brides and had a look through their selection. Dion for Brides was a lot more formal in their store layout, as with their attitude towards the dresses, though the staff were helpful and understanding.

We had a look through their style book and discussed with the staff what type of dresses I was interested in, even though the style book dresses were out of our budget. After trying on another selection of dresses, during which finding some really beautiful gowns. One of the last dresses I tried on I absolutely loved, with everyone complimenting me and the dress!

Not wanting to buy anything without having time to think on it, and having one more bridal salon to visit the next day, we took down the name of the dress and headed back to our accommodation. That night all I could think and talk about was the dress at Dion for Brides.

On Friday we visited Bridal by Aubrey Rose, who had some beautiful dresses, though none that I felt topped the one from the afternoon beforehand. I tried on approximately five dresses, and spent roughly fifteen minutes at the salon. Feeling bad for spending the sale consultants time, we bid farewell and revisited Dion for Brides.

Upon revisiting I tried on the dress again to ensure it is what I remembered it to be. As soon as I looked in the mirror I knew it was what I definitely wanted and the bridal party agreed. Before leaving I also chose a veil and even a tiara! With my sister's help of course.

I never understood the whole "feel like a princess" in a beautiful dress, until I tried on that dress. Now I can't wait to spend most of a day in it!

Leave a Comment